1897 — 1945
Founded in Paris in 1820 by Louis-Victor and Emile Puiforcat and their cousin, Puiforcat rose to fame as one of the great French silversmiths. The Puiforcat collection features outstanding designs ranging from classical through Art Deco to modern design. Many of the works were recreated from Louis-Victor’s own 18th-century collection of hollowware and flatware pieces. It was Jean E. Puiforcat, however, who was a visionary for the Parisian workshop. During this time, Puiforcat’s contributions would establish them in high-end modern silver-work particularly in the Art-Deco movement. It is in this style that they are best known: clean and contemporary architectural lines combined exotic woods and semi-precious stones. Owned by Hermès since the 1990s, the company’s workshop now consists of 15 craftsmen.